Half Moon Bay, California November 2012

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Remembering Dad

February, 1997... seems so long ago... but we still remember...

They have never met him (and such a shame that is) but they know of him.  They eagerly and enthusiastically  helped to clean his ledger this morning.
 Then they arranged 2 bouquets of flowers for him.  (A side story.  This morning E and I were up pretty early.  We were going to run to the store to purchase flowers for Dad/Grandfather his morning.  But the second he stepped outside, he asked me why we couldn't bring our flowers to Grandfather.  I asked him which ones and he pointed to 3 different types of flowers mom had planted and were in full bloom.  I thought he was the most amazing little boy when he pointed that out to me.  I looked at him and said, "E, you are so smart!  You just saved us some money and Grandfather will have apart of his house with him!"  So, he helped me cut these beautiful flowers and we took them to Grandfather.)
 My aunt (Dad's sister) came over with a variety of food she had cooked to offer dad's alter.  The children burned incense...
 and then joss paper.
Dad, you may be gone, but you are forever in our hearts....

2 comments: