Half Moon Bay, California November 2012

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Science Camp Day 1

The title threw them off and they asked me where they were going to sleep and if they needed to pack their own bags and pitch their own tents.  Can you imagine?!  I never thought about that.  I assumed they knew it was just a day camp!  So we had a talk and everything was straightened out before I dropped them off today for their first day of science "camp."  For 3 hours a day for the net 2 weeks they will be having a ton of fun doing lots of science stuff... what stuff will they do, I don't know!  I just know they will be having loads of fun...and E and I have to figure out what we can do to fill in the void.  We are rarely ever alone for 3 full hours!  We do so much together...  (sigh)  So guess what we did today while they were gone?  We went shopping at Costco!  (woohoo!!!)  Exciting, I know!  ;) And I couldn't buy anything perishable since I didn't want to drive all the way home and then back again to pick them up - the thought of the amount of gas I would be wasting!  (no thank you!  So we bought juice and paper goods instead.)

When we arrived to pick M&M up, this is what we saw:

 two of our favorite people having loads of fun! (as expected)
 They hardly noticed us... but they did eventually... and they waved.
They are excited for tomorrow's adventure (sans the scary idea of pitching tents, rolling out sleeping bags, and using the toilet in the middle of the night by themselves!).

No comments:

Post a Comment