Half Moon Bay, California November 2012

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Favorite Pancake Recipe

I can't remember where I found it (allrecipe? cooks.com?) and when I figure it out, I will credit the person(s) who posted this.  We LOVE this recipe.  The only reason why I am posting this is so that I do not lose it!  I've misplaced it (the actual paper) a couple of times...  and I'd hate to lose it forever one day!
So, here it is and maybe I can include a photo one day... when we actually have some left over after breakfast! :)  Because unlike Pioneer Woman, when I cook I'm a mess!  Forget trying to take picture or step by step instructions.  That is a goal of mine... I'll begin practicing when E is in high school. ;)

2 C all purpose flour
2 1/2 t baking powder
3 T sugar
1/2 t salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 C milk
2 T melted butter

Directions:
Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a big bowl
In a separate bowl ( I throw all this stuff in the mixer), whisk together eggs and 1 1/2 C of milk, add to flour mixture (or in my case, I add flour to this mixture in the mixer) stirring only until smooth (or when I remember!)
Blend in melted butter
If batter seems too thick, pour/add a little more milk
Cook on hot greased griddle, using about 1/4 C of batter per pancake

(I have yet to add fruit but I'm sure blueberries would be yummy!)

Although this recipe says it serves 4 -- wow, it serves our entire family since I make smaller sized pancakes.  In the event there are leftovers, I freeze in a freezer bag and the children have them for breakfast during the week!

Enjoy!!!!

1 comment: