Half Moon Bay, California November 2012

Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday Miss Morgan!

It seems only yesterday that we brought you home... where we felt so inadequate BUT not helpless!  You were an easy baby to love.  You cried when you were hungry (which wasn't very often!) and slept a lot!  We were given so many advice on how to care for you... but the one we felt we had to go against... we held you A LOT!  :)  You were so tiny and so easy to hold!  And you were our first, so how could we not?


And now look at you!  You have grown to be a very cheerful, lovable, kind, conscientious, and practical young girl.  You are well liked by your peers and get along with a lot of people.  You go with the flow... but often point out what is incorrect during the following of the flow!  ;)  And the two greatest accomplishments this year for you has been 1) donating your hair for a worthy cause and 2) attending a girl scout camp over night WITHOUT mom or dad!  Although you have accomplished so much, I would say those are the 2 biggest for a 7 year old!

You love to read, play chess with your brother, kick around a soccer ball, throw Frisbees, hula hoop, bake with mom, write letters to your friends, RUN wild out on the grass, swim with your brothers and friends, bowl...
Your favorite activity this summer was riding your scooter:
You have learned to write cursive, dabble at the multiplication tables, read the recipes to bake a cake with mom, and almost beat me in our summer reading contest.  I say almost because you could read a whole chapter book (over 200 pages) in one day!  Your determination to beat me forced me to bring out the competitiveness in me and I read more books this summer than I have in the last 4 years! So, thank you for helping me spend some time to decompress and enjoy some great books this summer!

And now you are off to 3rd grade at the end of the summer! I ask myself this all the time... where has the time gone?!

I love you my princess!!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, crying over here! She's beautiful! And a day older than our marriage. :) Congrats Steph. You've done so well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!! She's BEAUTIFUL! You're a great mom, S!

    ReplyDelete